Swimsuit Time~

It's that time of the year again. Summer time when it gets hot and kids like to go swimming, which means that once again I have to wear a swimsuit and this is not my favorite thing to do. I mean, what woman...let me try again, what MOM likes to wear a swimsuit?

And when you have small children, it is not just modesty you have to worry about, but you have to stand in front of a mirror and bend, squat, and lean in unnatural ways to ensure that no body part will peek out to say hi. Because let's face it, when you have small children you do end up bending, squatting, and leaning in unusual ways. Either chasing a kid, saving them from going under water, or having them hold on to you for dear life!

Swimsuits, while there are some nice ones that cover what needs to be covered, most options fall into the "bikini" category. How, how did we go from little dresses to something that covers even less than underwear?



Maybe I am on to something, maybe I should start a new swimsuit company that targets moms. Then we can all wear cute little dresses that compliment our body and will for sure cover all the stretch marks and lose skin that quite frankly need to be covered. Okay, maybe you are not a mom that got any stretch marks after being pregnant, maybe you have a perfect body. But most of us do go through a body "transformation" after having children. Don't we? And really the last thing we want to do is go on and show most of our stretched skin, our wobbly parts, and our unflattering curves.

So I will venture to wear my tankini, that goes all the way to my waist and a cute little skirt. I don't care if someone calls it "old lady" because to some I might be old, after all I am 30 years old. I like it.

Ultimately, as a Christian, I believe that our bodies are a temple of the Holy Spirit and how we dress them does matter. What I teach my girls about how to dress does matter.

 But I want to hear your thoughts, because we all feel different about our swim wear.