So here is the scoop...
1. Write a blog post that relates in some way to Cerebral Palsy. Not sure what you should write about? Here are some ideas.
- Introduce yourself, or your child. What type of Cerebral Palsy do you/your child have?
- What was it like to recieve your child's diagnosis?
- If you are an adult, what advice would you give to us moms?
- What has helped the most in this journey? Therapy? Surgery? Emotional support?
- What has been your biggest challenge?
All you have to do is copy the code (the code is all the "writing" in the box underneath the image) and then paste the code into the body of the post.
3. Publish your post and come back here. You will see a blog post titled "CP Connection #1." At the bottom of that post, you will see a "Simply Linked" widget. It will ask for 3 things.
- Link Title: This is where you post the title of your blog post.
- E-mail address. It will not be displayed!
- URL: Here is where you post the link to your blog post. Be sure you are linking to the specific post, and not to your general blog.
4. Once you are linked, take the time and visit the other blogs. Make sure you leave a comment too, so they know you stopped by and visited.
There are so many adults with Cerebral Palsy out there that have much to share with us moms, I value their insight tremendously. These adults help me understand what Cerebral Palsy might look like for us in the future, and how much Nina will be able to accomplish. They inspire me, really. And as moms, it is nice to hear what other moms deal with. It is nice to know someone else "gets it" and understands our challenges and struggles. Some of my closest friends are those that have children with special needs, we just have a special connection.
Spread the word, and I cannot wait to visit all your wonderful blogs together so that we can connect and learn from each other!