First Chapter Finished

Well I did it, I finished sharing the beginning of my personal journey with Down syndrome. I suppose if it were a book, this would have been the first chapter (although it would have been quite long!). The story, obviously, does not end here since Nichole is 4 years old.

This is something I would like you to know. Nichole is a light in my life! She is the daughter I always wanted, I just never knew it. I would not change her, Down syndrome and all, for anything in the world. Yes, she is exactly who God created her to be. She has been my teacher of life, she has been my joy, she has been the source of endless love. I really want you to know that.

I wrote 24 posts sharing what it was like to deal with the diagnosis of Down syndrome. Hopefully, I was able to communicate with you how God met me in a dark place of brokeness, and how He used Nichole to change my heart.

If you did not get a chance to read, you can start by reading my first post or "Prologue": Road Marker 321.

At the end of each post, you should see a link to the next entry.

If you did get a chance to read. What did you think about it?
If you have a child with Down syndrome, were you able to identify?
If you do not have children with special needs, was this helpful to you?
Were you ever in a situation where you had to chose love?
Have you ever been in a hole where God pulls you out and holds you in His arms?
Have you experienced flashes of color in your life that you never knew before?

I would love to hear from you. I got to share my heart with you, and it would be an honor to hear your heart too.