Opportunities Lost

I am linking up with Gypsy Mama for 5 Minute Friday, where you write for 5 minutes, no editing, no over-thinking, you just write! What you get is what you get!


Theme: Opportunity
 
I wonder how often opportunities come my way and I simply let them pass by because I am too busy, or too stressed, or too concerned with me.

Opportunities to reach out to someone that is need. Sometimes a smile is all I need to offer, or a listening ear, or companionship, just being there. 

Opportunities to make memories with my children. Like getting down on the floor to play, getting them dancing, or telling them stories (instead I am too busy, especially if there is a computer around).

Opportunities to connect with my husband. Taking time to really ask him questions, to listen to what is going on in his heart. Instead, I can treat him like a roommate.

Opportunities to do the things I enjoy. Like going o a Zumba class, or go out for a bike ride, or really make time to write.

Opportunities to be a light to a world that is dark and where pain and hurt are common. I can wallow in my own struggles and not look past me.

What about you, do you miss any opportunities?