Mary Martin has a Best Friend!!!!

Addy is being introduced to Mary Martin for the first time!


Addy is sucking on her sweet little fingers and Mary Martin is sucking her thumb! 2 peas in a pod!



Addy is ready to play with Mary Martin!


Susan Adele Shaw, aka Baby Addy, was born on December 6, 2011. She was a surprise gender to her parents! Little did they know that several things about Baby Addy would be a surprise and blessing! I have known Addy's mom for years. We use to "hang out" together during a time in both of our lives that wasn't the best. Little did we know that years and years later we would still be connected and grow closer together in a totally different way. This time we were both on the right path and we will forever be connected because our daughters are destine to be Best Friends! Addy was born at St. Francis hospital in Memphis. I remember reading on Facebook  that Shannon had gone into labor. I began calling and texting to try and find out which hospital she was at, because I didn't know at the time, but I never got an answer. I'm sure she was a little busy! Ha! I knew she would call me back when she had a chance. Days went by and I still hadn't heard anything from her. I called and called and called and nothing. Now I was starting to get a little worried, but I didn't know any other way to get in touch with her. Finally one morning she posted something on Facebook and it all made sense. Her Facebook status read: "I want to thank everyone for all the prayer and kind words. As you all know Baby Adele was born with Down Syndrome and a cleft lip. She has undergone more testing than most of us do in a lifetime. We all feared addy had heart problems, but her keg showed her precious heart is just fine. They will be doing plastic surgery within a month to repair her lip. I'm not going to say things will always be easy, but Addy has already changed my life in more ways than I could ever put into words. I feel blessed and lucky to be this angels mommy. It's strange how one's entire life can change in the blink of an eye. I can honestly say I'm the happiest I've ever been. I have the family I've always dreamed of and now that addy was born it's complete!" Wow! She just got hit with a lot all at one time, but how awesome is it that she was given an extra special gift! It would call Shannon one last time and leave her a message letting her know how excited I was for her and how I could not wait to meet her sweet bungle of joy. Then I waited on her to call me back when she was ready. She finally called me back and started telling me about her journey. I remember being so excited for her! It wasn't until Forrest and I found out about our sweet little angel that Shannon and I became closer. She has been so amazing in helping me out with resources on Down Syndrome. When I think back to how bad our lives once were and how the most important thing was to make sure our hair was fixed perfect and our outfits were "in style" I can't help but think how in the world could God bless us with such a wonderful gift? We were the bad girls back in the day and that is definitely something I'm not proud of, but God completely changed my life and her life, and with the gifts of our sweet little girls he has given us a way to minister to others and hopefully change other peoples lives. Never doubt the amazing ability of God and know that everything he does is on his time and there is a reason........a reason that we might not always understand but he does! Pray for Mary Martin!!!