The People God Uses..........

Do you every wonder how God picks the people he uses? I have never really stopped and thought about it. I just always thought that God doesn't give you any more than you can handle, and that is true, but there is more to it than just that. We don't know what we are capable of handeling only God does, but today's sermon was on 1 Samuel 1:1-20. I truly felt like God was talking directly to me. In this passage (which I hope you read! If you don't have a bible email me at cfranklin117@yahoo.com with your address and I will gladly mail you one. Just put "bible" in the subject line. That is a book everyone should have!) it illustrates the kinds of people that God uses to do great things in the world.

* God uses ordinary people. (verses 1-2 show this) That would definitly be me! I am not famous, I am not considered "above income", I am just me plain and simple. There is nothing wrong with being ordinary. When God uses ordinary people it shows his "extraordinary" nature. God does amazing things every single day that some of us are to busy to even see. I never in a million years would have thought God was going to use me in the way he is using me!

* God uses weak people. (verses 3-5 show this) If you have read our full blog you probably remember reading where I talked about us being weak. I said "God didn't pick us because we were strong, he picked us because we were weak but trusted in him." I use to think I was a strong person until we started going through our journey, and that is when I realized just how weak I really was. Will I ever be strong again? I sure hope not! I want to always be weak so that I will always need God in my life. He uses weak people to show his power. He blessed me and my husband with the most wonderful gift ever.......a life. That is very powerful! Whether that life lasted 22 weeks, 22 days after birth, or 22 years he was very powerful in giving us the gift of life.

* God uses hurting people. (verses 6-8 show this) When our Mary Martin went to be with God I was hurting very bad......in a way many of you can't even imagine. The loss of a parent or grandparent or any other family member is hurtful, but the loss of a child is the most devastating thing you will EVER go through. You want to die yourself. You should be able to protect them from stuff like death, but you can't and that is a hurt that no parent wants to see. He uses hurting people to show his sovereignty. God is in control and when you realize that the hurt begins to heal. There will always be a pain, I will always miss my Mary Martin, but I know she is a child of God, and he is using me to help others. "Let go and let God." 

* God uses prayerful people. (verses 9-18, 26-27 show this) When we were in the hospital I remember praying to myself "God please give me the strength to make it through this and still be ok." I knew my life was going to be different, but I wasn't sure if I could go on without her. I remember I never once cried during the delivery or after she was born. The tears came when it was time to hand her over. God gave my strength to enjoy the most beautiful moments with my daughter. One week after we came home God gave me the strength to reach out to another mother that was going through the same thing. That is something that I never thought I was going to be able to do. God delights to work in concert with His people's prayers because it STRENGTHENS our relationship with Him. My relationship with God is the strongest it has ever been. I know that without him I am nothing.

* God uses dedicated people. (verse 11 shows this)  Not every one knows God, and not everyone has experienced his works, but as a dedicated child of God and mother I will live my life telling others of God. There will be some who reject him and others that accept him. I will continue to pray for those that reject him and rejoice with the ones that accept him. God gave me a "story" and he did it so that I would be dedicated in helping others. If your child plays sports you are probably a dedicated baseball mom, or a dedicated soccer mom, well I am a dedicated child of God. If he had not given me this wonderful journey I am not sure how "dedicated" I would have been to him. Thank you God for loving me and choosing me!


When you are hurting and in pain just remember that God uses your pain for his glory! You will never understand your pain until you understand that God is using it for something good. You have to pray and consider yourself a slave of God!! 

I don't usually "preach" like this on our blog, but today's message really touched me and I wanted to share it with everyone. It gave me a clear understanding of how God came to pick me and I hope there is someone else out there that will gain understanding from it too! Always remember that God is good!!


"I am redeemed, You set me free
So I'll shake off these heavy chains
Wipe away every stain, yeah, I'm not who I use to be
Oh, God, I'm not who I use to be
Jesus, I'm not who I used to be
'Cause I am redeemed
Thank God, redeemed"