God is always there........


Our sweet little girl is 2 1/2 months old now. I can't believe how time flies by! I think about her every single day and how she was such a wonderful servant of God in letting him use her to do such wonderful things. I never knew someone so small and so young could have such an impact. Recently Tiki (that is what all of the kids call my sister) celebrated a birthday. On the eve of her birthday I was at a mom to mom class enjoying time with other moms and learning new stuff to apply to my life. After it was over a dear friend came up to me and said that the "Hidden Treasures" (special needs) group had received a donation in memory of our Mary Martin! I was so excited! The fact that 2 months later people are still thinking about her and wanting to honor her is such a blessing. She went on to explain how they were going to use that money. They had planned a cook out with the group and wanted to use the money to purchase necessary supplies that were needed. The cook out was going to be the next night...........on Tiki's birthday. I just started crying. No one involved with this knew when my sister's birthday was, and even if they did the chances of them planning something like this directly around her birthday was very unlikely. I always like for my children to give Tiki a little something for her birthday, whether it be something they made, wrote, or some random thing they wanted to buy her.  Mary Martin can't do any of that, but God made sure that we knew how very powerful he was. With the help of God Mary Martin was able to give her Tiki a gift from heaven. Through everything that I have been through I have learned to trust the God of the more when life gives me less. I have claimed to have trusted in him before, but I now know that I hadn't been. When you focus on God he will focus on you. These tiny gestures are such blessings to me. I called my sister that night crying and told her about it. I didn't get to see her on her actual birthday because both of us had to work. I remember before my birthday in August, the only thing I wanted was for our blog to reach Africa. Out of all the places in the world I have no idea why I chose Africa. I remember praying so hard for God to make it happen. All that I have been through please just give me this one thing, and it didn't happen. I'm not going to lie I was a little disappointed. God can do anything, why would he not do this for me? I didn't dwell on it, instead I started re-evaluating and refocusing my life. On September 20th my sister turned 31 years old, and that is the day that I realized that our blog had been viewed over ten thousand times! That is huge!!! And then I saw where one person had viewed it from Tunisia. Where in the world is that? Of corse I had to google it, I'm not good with countries and continents! It is the smallest country in NORTH AFRICA! We made it to Africa!!!! And then it hit me, my sister has done missions in Africa before. It has been 8 years since she went, and maybe this is God's way of saying "Hey Tiki, Africa misses you." He knew that she needed Africa more than I did and he wanted her to have it instead of me. Sometimes we pray for things not realizing that we don't need it, we want it, but someone else out there needs it more than we do. God is more than amazing and shows it every single day. I have been blessed more than I deserve. I thank God every single day for not giving up on me and for always loving me!! God is good!