Why do we discriminate against those God created?

I come across lots of articles everyday about various things. News emails about people getting shot, people stealing, friends post about how they were taken advantage of, and so on. I read as many of them as I can. Why? Not because I am nosey, but because the person committing the crime of the land needs prayer. I have no clue why they are where they are in their spiritual life, but I know God can change one's heart if you simply ask. I can't ask for these people, but I can ask God to intercede in their life and get them on a path that glorifies his name. 

What is discrimination? A Noun defined as 1) The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, esp. on grounds of race, age, or sex. 2) Recognition and understanding of the difference between on thing and another. 

Honestly how many of you that are reading this can say you have never discriminated against anyone? I can honestly say that I discriminate all the time. Is that something that I am proud of? NO. Most of the time I find myself doing it and I don't realize it until it's to late. Most people associate it with race because that is usually what the media has a field day with, but discrimination can be anything. You don't like the way someone talks, dresses, the car they drive, the house they live in, the religion they are, the fact that they steal and commit crimes and you think you are perfect. Why do we do this? If we spent less time judging and discriminating others and more time on praying for them this world might be a little bit happier place. I pray every single day for God to give me the strength to not give in to the devil when he tempts me. All it takes is one bad day and the devil has won. 

Everyone is different, has different needs, different sizes, but in HIS eyes we are all special. God created all of us. "Red, Brown, Yellow, Black, AND White, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world." That is one of my favorite childhood songs that I still sing! Next time you think you are better than the person in front of you at the check out line, think again! We all created equal!

Now if you have read this far and are still reading I bet you are wondering "Where did this rant come from?" Well let me explain! If you are friends with me on facebook you might of seen the link I shared on my page last night. Joan and Robert Vanderhorst were traveling with their 16 year old son, Bede, who happens to have Down Syndrome! They have traveled as a family many times, but this particular time they decided to splurge and buy first class tickets for Bede. What an awesome treat! As they were getting ready to board the American Airlines flight back home they were pulled aside and said the pilot thought Bede was a "flight risk." Joan, the mom, has the incident on video. Bede was not acting out, instead he was sitting very calm playing with his hat. Both parents tried pleading with the airlines, but their response was that their son's behavior COULD disrupt the pilot, since their first class seats were close to the cockpit.Instead of flying first class this family was seated in coach, in the very back of the plane, on a different flight.

Ok let me get this strait.........because this pilot "thought" this young man with Down Syndrome was going to act out he bumped him from first class? Well I thought I was going to win the lottery last month but you don't see me going out and buying a million dollar house do you? No you don't! Good thing I didn't because I would have been in a mess!! Ha! The point is we can live our life worrying about the "what if's" and the "we thoughts" but what about the "now" in life? We don't know what the future is going to hold for us, so there is no way we can change what we don't know. All I can do is pray that the decisions I make are decisions that glorify God. There will be times I fall short and give in to temptation, but I know that God will forgive me and stand by me. We should all trust the God of the NOW when life gives us less! Below is link to Bede's full story. Thank you all for continuing to follow our journey and pray for us! Right now our family needs lots and lots of prayers! God is always good and keeps his promises!!




http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/04/bede-vanderhorst-teen-down-syndrome-first-class_n_1856026.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false



"Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue, And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true."

Anything is possibly with God on you side!